You want to enable SSL VPN access via your WatchGuard Firebox XTM firewall to new users.
Generally, a WatchGuard XTM will use the internal DB for its users (optionally, it can use AD, etc). We’ll update the SSLVPN-Users group in the Firebox-DB in this article. For the example, I’m using a WatchGuard Firebox XTM 5-series.
- Log into the web admin UI for your XTM firewall. (I’m using a 5-series in this article.)
- Click on Authentication.
- Click on Servers.
- You’ll see your authentication server options. The first tab, Firebox, is the Firebox-DB.
- To add a user, click on Add.. under Users.
- Define the user information. Do not use a shared password. Create a unique password for every VPN user.
- Add the user to the SSLVPN-Users group by selecting “SSLVPN-Users” and clicking the “<<” control. If you don’t do this, the user won’t be able to connect via the SSL VPN.
- Click Ok.
- Click Save!!!
Reminder: Click Save. It’s easy to skip that part on this screen. Your management team will make fun of you, so don’t. Click it.