You want to automatically install Trend Micro WFBS clients on your network computers.
We’ll use a GPO for this.
First, we need to create the MSI. This is done using Trend’s tool in PCCSRVAdminUtilityClientPackagerClnPack.exe.
- Start ClnPack
- Select your Output file. For us, we’ll use TrendMicro.msi.
- Click Create. The Client Package may take a minute or two to create the MSI.
Second, we need to create a GPO to install the MSI.
- Go the top-level of your AD or, if desired, to the OU where you want to setup the GPO.
- Right-click and create a new linked GPO. Name it “Software – Install Trend Micro AV Client”.
- Right-click the GPO and click Edit.
- Click down into Computer Configuration->Policies->Software Settings->Software Installation.
- Right-click Software Installations and click New->Package.
- You will be asked for the package. Choose the NETWORK UNC. The Computer running this GPO has to be able to access the file, so put it in a share that is Everyone:R.
- The Deploy Software window will appear. Click Assigned and then Ok.
- You will return to the GPM Editor. You may need to refresh to see your new package.
- Close the Editor.