You need to backup and/or restore the settings for a Windows 2008 R2 DHCP server
- Create folder named “DHCP Backup” somewhere you can access it easily.
- Open the DHCP administration MMC (you can also access it from the Server Manager tool).
- Right-click on the server name and select “Backup”
- Find the folder you created above and click OK. You will not receive any notice if the backup was successful but you can open the folder and see if files were created.
- To restore, open the DHCP manager, right-click on the server name, and select “Restore”.
- Find the folder where the data was exported and click OK. The original settings, including Scope data, will be restored.