You need to change the Owner of a folder in Windows.
Below is how to take ownership of a folder. Note, you typically need to be a Domain Admin for this to work.
- Right click the folder that needs the permissions changed, and select Properties.
- Under properties select the security tab, and select the advanced Button.
- Go to the Owner Tab. Select Edit.
- From here you can either select the user if he appears in the list, or you can Select Other Users and Groups to manually add the specific user that needs ownership.
- This is the Menu for typing in a user for ownership.
- Once you select them for ownership the process of taking ownership of all subfolders and files may take some time depending on the amount of data present.
And now transferring ownership is complete.