Google Chrome 37 has issues with many websites opening pop ups. Websites such as Exchange OWA and AutoTask display these problems. This can severely limit how you use Chrome.
You would almost always use a GPO for this. Optionally, you can do a 1-off solution on only your local computer, but note that this would require that every user know to look for this.
- Download the Zip File of ADM Templates from this site. http://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-templates
- Unzip downloaded zip file and navigate to Start > Run: gpedit.msc
- Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates.
- Right-click Administrative Templates and select Add/Remove Templates.
- Add the downloaded chrome.adm template of Windows via the dialog for the specific language. In my case; I’ve selected adm templates for en-US locale.
- Once added, a Google Chrome folder will appear under ‘Classic Administrative Templates’ if it’s not there already.
- Select EnableDeprecatedWebPlatformFeatures setting in right column and edit it.
- Edit EnableDeprecatedWebPlatformFeatures as shown in below image.
- Restart chrome browser and type chrome://policy/ in address bar and you will see that setting is enabled now.
- Above procedure will create/update windows registry value.