You need to configure Acronis Backup & Recovery to email an alert whenever a backup task fails.
This is done via AMS.
- Open AMS
- Click Options->Default backup options
- Click Notifications->Email
- Enable “Send e-mail notifications”
- For E-mail address, enter the email for alerts.
- For Outgoing mail server, enter the SMTP server hostname
- Click “Send test e-mail message” and CONFIRM it arrives!
- To only enable alerts, disable “When backup completes successfully” but leave “When backup fails” and “When user interaction is required” enabled.
- Enable “Add full log to the notification”
- Click Ok
Do NOT assume this works. Be sure to “Send test e-mail message” and then confirm on the recipient end that the email arrives!