You have a Calendar in SharePoint that you wish to view and access in Outlook.
You can seamlessly integrate a SharePoint calendar into Outlook. If you are using Office 365, this is the solution for a shared company calendar in fact since Office 365 does not offer Public Folders.
- Create the calendar in SharePoint.
- Click on the Calendar, which is usually under Lists.
- Click on Calendar in the top menu bar of SharePoint.
- Click on Connect to Outlook.
- Click Allow if asked by IE.
- Click Yes if asked by Outlook.
- The calendar will now appear in Outlook.
Keep in mind that this calendar is separate from your personal calendar. Generally, a company calendar is used to issue invites, which you accept, so that the events show on your calendar.