You are a mobile user and wish to connect to the WatchGuard Firebox XTM SSL VPN.
You need three things for this to happen:
- A Windows or Mac computer with Internet connectivity.
- A SSL VPN user account and password.
- The URL to the WatchGuard Firebox XTM SSL VPN.
We’ll do this example on a Windows 7 box using a 5-series. You can read through the WatchGuard documentation on this as well.
Now, download and install the SSL VPN client.
- Open your web browser.
- Enter the URL, usually of the form https://<firewall-ip/sslvpn.html
- Enter your SSL VPN username and password
- Click Login
- Download the SSL client. There is one for Windows and one for the Mac.
- Run and install the client.
Next, run the client and connect to the VPN.
- Click on Start->All Programs->WatchGuard->Mobile VPN with SSL Client->Mobile VPN with SSL Client
- Enter the SSL VPN device IP, username, and password.
- Click Connect.
- Click Yes if asked to confirm the Certificate.
- The VPN may take several moments to connect.
Once connected, wait for about 30 seconds before trying to access any internal resources. This is just our experience in ensuring the connection works properly.