You are using ADManage Plus to manage your Active Directory and need to create a new AD user.
This is done using the ADManage Plus interface.
- Log into ADManage Plus (usually via http://<your-server>:8080
- Click on AD Mgmt->Create Users->Create Single User.
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, Logon Name, Telephone Number, and Email of the user. Do not click Create User yet.
- Click on the Account Details tab.
- Choose either a Random Password or Type a Password. Remember, AD requires a certain level of complexity for passwords and will reject simple ones. You normally need a number, an uppercase letter, a special character (e.g., $, %, #), and then letters from the alphabet in recent versions of AD.
- Unless you don’t want the user to change their password on first login, leave the “User must change password at next logon” enabled.
- It’s usually wise to set the account to expire in one year by default. Or you can leave it disabled (the default).
- Click Create User.
- ADManage Plus will show you the information needed by the new user.
Test the account!