You want to create a Shared Contact Folder in Exchange.
In our example, we’ll be creating a Shared Contact Folder in MyExchange, our hosted Exchange platform. This could just as easily be done with an on-premise Exchange server.
- Create a top-level Public Folder if one does not already exist.
- Set the permissions for the top-level Public Folder as necessary.
- Open Outlook and view the Public Folders available to you. The next steps must be done in Outlook rather than OWA because OWA doesn’t allow you to create sub-folders in a PF.
- Right-click on the top-level PF and choose New Folder. In our example, we’re right-clicking on Company Public Folder.
- For Name, choose a logical name, such as Company Contact List.
- For Folder Containers, select Contact Items.
- Click Ok.
- Notice the new public contact list.