You need to delete an existing trust in Active Directory.
Before you begin, if this is a two-way trust, you need admin credentials for both sides of the trusts.
- Log into a DC, probably at the top-level of the forest if this is a multi-level forest.
- Start Active Directory Domains and Trusts
- Right-click on the location of the trust. For forest-level trust, you would right-click at the top-level of the forest.
- Click Properties.
- Click on the Trusts tab.
- Select the trust you wish to delete.
- Click Remove.
- A new dialog will open requesting if you wish to enter credentials. If this is a one-way trust then you can select “no”. If this is a two-way trust, then click on Yes and enter the domain credentials for the OTHER SIDE of the trust. This will allow the wizard to remove the trust from both sides.
- Click Ok.
- A confirmation dialog will appear before the wizard removes the trust. Click Yes.
Depending on whether this is a two-way trust, you may need to do this for both the outgoing trusts and incoming trusts of the Trusts window.