You need to make changes to the Ribbon in Microsoft Word 2010 and deploy those changes to all your users. For example, you have a recordedwritten a macro that you want all your users to be able to use by clicking a button on their Home tab.
We’ll do this via the Customer UI Editor for Microsoft Office and the Office templates directory.
- Download the Custom UI Editor for Microsoft Office
- Create a word document with your changes and as a macro-enabled template ( .dotm ).
- Run the Custom UI Editor and open your new template
- Select Insert > Office 2010 Custom UI Part from the menu. A blank custom UI XML file will be added.
- The specific XML to add to the file will depend on what you want to do. There are several how-tos available for what to enter there, as well as a basic description of the available tags on MSDN. The text below will add a new group, named “Macros” to the Home tab and add a button to that group to run the macro “AddFileName”.
<customUI xmlns:x1="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui/macro" xmlns:mso="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui"> <ribbon> <tabs> <tab idQ="mso:TabHome"> <group id="AddFileMacro" label="Macros" visible="true"> <button id="AddFileNameMacro" label="Add File Name" imageMso="ListMacros" onAction="AddFileName" visible="true"/> </group> </tab> </tabs> </ribbon> </customUI>
- Save the file to the normal template location ( %appdata%MicrosoftTemplates) or to a network share so that your users can access it. Most often, you would use a GPO to copy this file from a network location to the %appdata% location upon user logon.