How to fix the Dragon Naturally Speaking error “Repairing Internal Recognizer”.
Occassionally while using DNS you run into this error
This error simply means that the user profile mentioned in the details is corrupted. The following steps are how you can resolve this issue.
- Make sure that Dragon Naturally Speaking is closed first.
- Press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run box.
- type: %AllUsersProfile% and press Enter. This will bring you to the hidden Program Data folder.
- Windows XP Users:
Go to Application Data -> Nuance, then open the NaturallySpeaking folder and go to the Users folder.
- Windows Vista or above:
Go to the Nuance folder, then open the NaturallySpeaking folder and go to te Users folder.
- Now, go into the folder which is your Dragon username.
- Rename the ‘current’ folder to ‘corrupt’.
- Rename the ‘backup’ folder to ‘current’.
- Open up Dragon and wait for it to load.
- On the Dragon Bar click NaturallySpeaking -> Manage Users.
- Click on your name and then click Advanced -> Backup to create a new backup and wait for it to finish.
- You may now delete the ‘corrupt’ folder.
Note any references to folders called Nuance, may be called ScanSoft if using an older version.