Your Window 8 system is giving you a BSOD error that it can’t find “BCD” and it will not boot into Windows.
You need to repair the boot record! This is done using the Windows 8 recovery partition or by booting from a Windows 8 installation CD.
- Boot into the Windows 8 recovery partition (consult PC manufacture’s website to figure out what key combination is needed to do this) or boot from a Windows 8 disk.
- Select Troubleshoot in the Choose an option section.
- Select advanced options in the Troubleshoot section.
- Select Command Prompt in the advanced options section.
- Run the following commands
- C:> Bootrec /fixMBR
- C:> Bootrec /fixBoot
- C:> Bootrec /rebuildBCD
- After running Bootrec /rebuildBCD it will ask you if you want to add the Windows installation that it found to the boot list. Type “Y” for yes and press enter. It will say that the operation completed successfully.
- Type exit and press enter. It will bring you back to the Choose an option screen.
- You will now see a continue button select it and it will boot into Windows 8