GFI MAV won’t update automatically.
The follow steps will walk you through a manual installation of the definitions. Depending on which part you are unable to complete on the local device will tell us at where the root of the cause lies.
- Download the latest definition release from the site: http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/Definitions/ and save it to a easily identifiable location such as C:temp
- Open the command prompt Start > Run > CMD and navigate to the agent program files by typing CD followed by the file path. Typically, this is located at:
- C:Program FilesAdvanced Monitoring AgentManagedAV
- C:Program Files (x86)Advanced Monitoring AgentManagedAV
- C:Program FilesAdvanced Monitoring Agent GPManagedAV
- C:Program Files (x86)Advanced Monitoring Agent GPManagedAV
- Enter the following command: SBAMCommandLineScanner.exe /applydefs C:temp<File Name of the new definition file>
- You will see the following results and your definitions will be up to date.
Note: Replace C:temp with the directory where the definition sbr.sgn was downloaded and replace CSE39-EN-12846-F.sbr.sgn with the name of the downloaded file