You are going to deploy managed antivirus to a site.
If this checklist is NOT followed, you are 99.9% guaranteeing that the computers with the AV will have 100% CPU while two or more antivirus solutions are installed. This has happened with ESET and Trend Micro.
Follow this checklist to ensure a smooth transition:
- Verify the maintenance window with the client to ensure all machines will be available.
- Push and run the appropriate antivirus uninstall utility for the existing antivirus utility.
- GFI maintains a list of uninstaller links in this document.
- Verify the current antivirus has been removed from the client machines.
- Enable managed antivirus antivirus in GFI for the client site.
- Verify managed antivirus installation.