You are using Manged Online backup and need to created a seed to upload to the data center. You can save the seed to local storage then later move it to a portable drive.
You need a USB disk and to enable seeding mode.
- Launch the Backup Manager on the device the seed backup is to be taken from.
- To open the Backup Manager when logged on to the device the Backup Manager is accessed from Start / All Programs / Managed Online Backup / Backup Manager or click on the desktop’s Backup Manger icon (where available).
- To access the device’s Backup Manager from the Dashboard, right-click on the target device in the north panel of the Dashboard – or highlight the device and go to the Server or Workstation drop-down – and navigate to Managed Online Backup, Open Backup Manager.
- Navigate to the Preferences tab, Seeding.
- Enter the location the seed backup will be saved to in Seeding path then Enable Seeding.
- As the logon account Managed Online Backup is running under may not have access to the network location to be used as the vault, for example network share or NAS, when entering the UNC path – starting with \ (for example \Storage1seeding) – it may be necessary to change the logon account for the Backup Service Controller service.
- Accept the seeding confirmation:Please, confirm! Enabling Seeding mode, you will have to perform a backup to an external drive and send it to your datacenter or your service provider. Please note that your data is not fully protected until your drive arrives to the recipient.
- After confirming seeding mode a blank page is returned with the message:Managed Online Backup is being initialized, please wait…
- When the initialization process is complete the Backup Manager displays a yellow notification bar to confirm that Seeding is activated with the Seeding to seeding path and the option to Disable seeding.
- To begin seeding go to the Backup tab and verify all the required backup data source selections are in place.
- Click Add for new sources and Edit to amend the existing Data Sources.
- Once satisfied with the selection, click Run seeding.
Please be aware that depending upon the selected size of the backup this process may take some time to complete.
- After the seeding backup process is finished click Complete seeding on the yellow notification bar.
- A seeding folder containing the unique identifier for the Managed Online Backup account is created. This identifier is displayed in the Backup Manager the seed backup was taken from as User name in the About section and as Contract: under Reports.At this point we can now upload the data from the storage device to the cloud.
Prepare the upload device and USB drive for the seed backup transfer
- After the seed backup is complete, the next stage is to upload the files to the online data store. This is achieved by connecting the USB drive to a device with a stable high-speed internet connection and running the Server Tool application.Download and unpack the server utility package for your system:
Please be aware that the version of Server Tool corresponds to the architecture of the device the files are uploaded from, rather than the architecture of the device the seed backup initially came from.
Transfer the Seed Backup to the data store
- Open a command prompt then navigate to the Seed Loading Tool directory containing servertool.exe and enter the following command to begin the upload process:
- ServerTool.exe seeds.upload -path <UniqueID-Folder> -threadscount <n>
- Where <UniqueID-Folder> is the name of the storage account to upload and <n> is a numberFor example, if the seed loading storage device is showing the drive letter E: and the device name shows as ‘uk1234abc9876def’ an example command to use would be
- ServerTool.exe seeds.upload -path e:uk1234abc9876def -threadscount 1Please note, ServerTool.exe uploads multiple files simultaneously with the threadscount setting used to specify the number of upload connections. As such changing this value (to a maximum of 10) can increase the speed of the backup.
- The seed backup upload could potentially take several hours to complete so please wait until the following message is displayed:
- ‘Seeds upload for account ‘<UniqueID>’ has finished’
At this stage the Backup Tab within the Dashboard for the device the seed backup came from will be populated with the plugin (data source) information.
To run the backups and force a synchronization of the data on the server, select the target device in the Dashboard and from the Server or Workstations drop-down, or right-click on the device, select Managed Online Backup, Run all Backups. Otherwise the backup will run in line with its schedule.