You are building out a new project in Autotask and want to import the project schedule from an Excel file.
This is possible via the Autotask Import from Project Planner tool.
You must be a project administrator to perform this function and IE must be properly setup for Autotask.
- Log into Autotask.
- Click on Projects.
- Locate and enter into your project.
- You will be in the Project Summary screen.
- Click on Schedule.
- Within the Project Schedule window, click on Tools->Import from Project Planner
- The wizard will open. Click Browse and select your project CSV and click Open. (I will discuss this file shortly.)
- Click Next.
- The wizard should open the CSV and import into a sample output window. If it looks correct, click Finish.
- The wizard will now import all of the phases and tasks.
- Once completed, click on Close.
- You should see all of the phases and tasks in the project now.