VOIP is choppy, causing interruptions, especially during peak work hours.
To improve the quality of your calls, you can set how much network bandwidth to use for calls:
- High Bandwidth – gives you better sound quality but calls can become choppy when it’s not available.
- Low Bandwidth – gives you lower sound quality but ensures no interruptions during your conversation.
Use the “Low Bandwidth” setting.
- Login to the RingCentral web portal.
- Click “Settings” at the top. Then, on the left hand side, click “Phones & Numbers”.
- Then under “Phones” click the phone you want to change.
- In “Phone Details” select “Bandwidth Settings” and change to “Low”.
- Click “Save” and “Done”.