Your company uses the hosted Sharepoint that comes with Office365 and you’re receiving email alerts that look something like this:You are receiving this e-mail message because you are an administrator of the following SharePoint Web site, which has exceeded the warning level for storage: https://your-domain-name.sharepoint.microsoftonline.com/. To see how much storage is being taken up by this site, go to the View site collection usage summary: https://your-domain-name.sharepoint.microsoftonline.com/_layouts/Usage.aspx.
- Log in to your Office365 dashboard as a user with administrator privileges for the Sharepoint site; if you received that email above, your normal user should have all the rights you need. Click the “Manage” link beneath Microsoft Office 365 > SharePoint in the middle of the page.
- Click the “Manage Site Collections” link (top of the list under “administration center”).
- You will be given a list of sites you can administrator. Above the site list, next to the search box, is a break down of how much space you have left (12902 MB in the image below). You need to make sure you have space to expand the site before continuing.
- If you hover over one of the collections with your mouse, a checkbox will appear in the left-most column. Find the collection mentioned in the email and check that box, then click the “Storage Quota” button in the ribbon.
- In the first field, increase the value shown, making sure not to set it higher than the available space remaining. Make sure to click “Save’ at the bottom of the form.