You are using GFI MAX Backup and want to backup a Linux server.
This article assumes you already have a working GFI MAX Backup and need to add a Linux device to the backup.
- Connect to your linux system via SSH:
- Log in with you root credentials!
- Use wget command to download the MAX Backup install from http://cdndl.maxfocus.com/iaso/iaso-linux-i686.run
- Now use the chmod command to give execute-permissions for installing the software.
- Now you will run the .exe by typing the following cmd “./iaso-linux-i686.run”
- Walk through the installation. It will prompt you for the following you will insert the data when prompted and hit enter to continue to the next step.
- Device name
- Encryption method
- Encryption key
- Proxy server
The above is the basic install for more advance install instructions click the following link.