When using RingCentral for VOIP telephony or fax, you should always install the RingCentral Softphone so you have maximum control and features.
The installation is simple!
- Log into www.ringcentral.com.
- Click Tools in the bar across the top. From the dropdown choose “softphone”.
- On the next screen choose “Download for 32-bit MS Office”.
NOTE: Even if you are running a 64-bit OS, it is 99% likely you are running 32-bit office. The installer will not allow you to run the wrong one so for most users choose 32-bit and if it tells you on install that it’s the wrong version then try the 64-bit.
- After the download completes run the installer and press “Next” and “I Agree” until the software is loaded.
- On initial setup you will see a window that pops up like this:
- The information you fill in here is separate from the Ring Central Fax Personalization documented here: http://www.puryear-it.com/?p=5784.
- Fill in the information here to YOU individually not the company default info.
- When complete your Softphone will be ready to use!