You have the MyFile Cloud file server enablement and want to install the agent on your file server.
You need to install the normal agent and then follow a few extra steps.
- Install the software agent on the file server but do not complete the Registration Wizard.
- Create a new MyFile Cloud account via the Cloud Portal:
- FirstName: <SERVERNAME>
- LastName: <SERVERNAME>
- Email: <SERVERNAME>@<SiteEmail.Tld>
- Password: <COMPLEX PASSWORD>
- Organization Admin: NO!
- Go back to the Registration Wizard.
- Enter the email and password you just created in step #2.
- Click Next.
- Select a Typical installation.
Now that this is done, you have the agent registered. The next step is to enable sharing of the files from the file server.
- Go to the Portal.
- Click on Machines.
- Under your server, click “Enable Mapping”.
- You will now see the options Map Folders for the server.
- Click Map Folders.
- Select the folders to map.
WARNING: Any folders you click will be synchronized with the cloud file sharing. So if you select 20TB of data, it will go into the cloud!
Some related vendor documentation: