Your Cybersecurity Checklist from Puryear IT
Technology has transformed the way you do business for the better. However, you must ensure it is always secure and monitored continuously – or your data and company will be at risk. The same goes for the security and protection of your staff in the event of an emergency. To help business leaders like you put their companies on the right cybersecurity track, Puryear IT provides a detailed cybersecurity checklist. With this reference tool, you can survey your security posture to ensure that adequate cybersecurity and physical security policies are in place.
What is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity is a system of technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect your computers, networks, computer applications, and data from attack, damage, or unauthorized access.
You see, cybersecurity isn’t an antivirus program that you pick up from a big box store and have installed on your business computers.
Instead, cybersecurity is an actively managed and monitored strategy to keep the bad guys out, to preserve your operational data, and to protect your business investment.
By downloading Puryear IT’s Cybersecurity Checklist and systematically reviewing each item indicated in your business, you will be able to get a more comprehensive picture of your security readiness.
Who is Puryear IT?
Puryear IT, LLC is a Baton Rouge-based managed IT services company that focuses on delivering seamless, productive IT environments for businesses like yours throughout Louisiana. By building a trusted relationship with our clients through total accountability and provisioning of genuinely efficient IT solutions, we become an active force in the success of each client’s business.
Why You Need The Cybersecurity Checklist From Puryear IT
A quick survey of the stories of any news outlet over the past year should produce enough cyber-breach stories to convince you that ensuring your cyber-security posture is vital. But just in case the multitude of stories aren’t enough to convince you that you need to set up your business internet security for success, here are some hard facts.
- According to CNBC, 14 Million USA Small to Mid-size businesses is at risk of being hacked.
- In a June 2016 report, the FBI noted that an average of 4,000 ransomware attacks takes place every day.
- Symantec – a company that develops antivirus software – tells us in a November 2016 report that 54.3% of all email traffic is spam.
So if the news outlets, law enforcement, and IT security software developers are sounding the alarm about the cybersecurity of US-based businesses, shouldn’t you be concerned?
What rational business leader wouldn’t be concerned?
That’s likely why you’ve landed on this article. – You are concerned about your company’s cybersecurity posture, and you are looking for some help and professional guidance to bring it up to par.
Is Your Business Ready To Face Threats That Impact Your IT Systems?
- Natural Threats can do immense damage that could be avoided with the right IT security measures. Storms, fire, floods, lightning, hurricanes, and tornados can disrupt your access to data and bring your operations to a standstill.
- Environmental Threats can leave you without access to essential working files if you’re not ready. Events such as power outages, chemical spills, and sudden pollution can put your workflow in jeopardy, but cybersecurity planning can help you avoid much of the negative impact.
- Human Threats such as hacking, terrorism, sabotage, vandalism, human error, and unauthorized access can leave you without access to your data, cause damage to your systems, and steal private information. Staying ahead of human threats entails taking a proactive stance in the area of cybersecurity.
Some General Cybersecurity Principles For Your Consideration
- Proactive Preparation – Cybersecurity cannot be a game of “catch up.” Either you have prepared your systems to withstand an attack, or you haven’t. By preparing for an attack in advance, your business stands a much better chance of surviving that attack.
- Decisive Action – If your business doesn’t see cyber-intrusions and cyber-criminals as a real threat, you won’t take action until it’s too late. That’s unfortunate because, at that point, the damage is done. By taking decisive action now and downloading Puryear IT’s Cybersecurity Checklist, you begin taking the first steps toward doing business securely online.
- Continuous Monitoring – Follow up is essential. No matter what you put in place as your countermeasures against cybercrime, you have to actively monitor those measures to ensure that they are accomplishing what you want them to achieve.
- Endless Evaluation – As a result of the continual changes in technology, it is of paramount importance that you continue to assess the effectiveness of your cybersecurity protocols against the backdrop of emerging threats.
Don’t just expect that you have adequate security, inspect it to ensure that it can combat today’s threats and tomorrow’s challenges. That begins with Puryear IT’s Cybersecurity Checklist.
What’s Included in Our Cybersecurity Checklist?
- Identification Procedures
- Personal and Physical Security Protocols
- Password Policies
- Data Privacy Policies
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Cybersecurity Training Considerations
- Legislative Compliance Questions
Do You Know Your Risk Score? Do The Cybersecurity Checklist And Calculate Your Risk.
Our Cybersecurity Checklist will help you calculate your risk with a proven numeric rating scale – demonstrating both the likelihood of an attack and the potential impact on your business should a cyber-attack occur.
- We will show you the four different classes of people within your organization that can lower your cybersecurity posture.
- We will help you assess your existing threats and vulnerabilities.
- We will help you work through the cost/benefit/risk of remediation of vulnerabilities.
It’s all included in our step-by-step Cybersecurity Checklist.
What else can the Puryear IT team do to keep your business systems running at full speed?
We serve our customers here in Baton Rouge and across Louisiana by providing them with a proactive, holistic approach to the implementation, configuration, management, maintenance, and monitoring of their IT systems. This strategic approach allows us to provide complete, continuous IT care of their IT environment for an easily budgeted monthly fee.
Our services include:
- Managed IT Services – CIO Services, Linux Consulting, IT Project Work, Patch Management, IT Monitoring, Business Continuity
- Cloud Services – Cloud Consulting, Cloud Technologies, Microsoft Office 365, Cloud CRM, Hosted Services, Hosted Microsoft Exchange, File Sharing, Business VoIP Services
- Security Management – IT Security Services, AuditSafe, Vulnerability Scans
- Apple & Mac Support
- Microsoft Office 365 Training
We have the skills to help you secure your business and boost your efficiency and productivity!
Let us be your secret weapon against cybercrime and your leveraged competitive advantage.
Download the Cybersecurity Checklist now and give us a call at (225) 706-8414 so we can help you get more out of your IT systems and get more done in a workday.