You update Java and then start getting an “Application Blocked by Security Settings” error.
This means that a part of Java is actually being blocked. The security settings they are referencing however are not within the web browser, they are actually within Java. Below is how to fix this.
- On the Start Menu, locate the Configure Java program.
- At the top, go to the security tab.
- Once in security, there is a drag down bar that sets the security standards from Very High to Med. Set the Bar to Medium.
- Once this is set, go ahead and click apply and OK.
- Restart the web browser and try to access the Java-based Website again.