You want to add all of the users in you Office 365 Organization as a contact in Lync. You know you can do this manually by typing in the name of each fellow employee, but that will take a long time.
Create an Exchange Distribution Group with those users and add the group to your contacts and then use that to view all contacts in Lync.
Note : In one group Maximum member we can Added is 100 , in case you add more than that it won’t allow you to expand the Group. Maximum groups you can add in Skype contact is 10.
This article is based on an existing Microsoft article, including screenshots.
- Login on the Office 365 portal with the Global Admin Account .
- Go in Exchange admin Center.
- Under recipients Click on Groups
- Create a Distribution Group
- Once the Group is created , Double Click on the Group and added the Members in it.
- Once done with Adding the member go in you Skype client search for the Group using the Email Address
- Once you get the Group we Add the Group in the Contact list
- Below is the Screen shot how it will look after the Groups
- Expand the Group to see the Members
Note : In one group Maximum member we can Added is 100 , in case you add more than that it won’t allow you to expand the Group. Maximum groups you can add in Skypecontact is 10