You want to manage the email whitelist on a WatchGuard firewall.
This is done by a Watchguard admin by logging into the Watchguard firewall console.
- Log into the server where Watchguard System Manager is installed or install on your local workstation. To install into the Watchguard website and download the installer.
- Open Watchguard System Manager >
- Connect to the device you wish to manage>
- Start Policy Manager >
- Select Subscription Services > spamBlocker > Configure.
- Select a proxy policy and click Configure. Select the Exceptions
- Click Add.
- From the Action drop-down list, select an action: Allow, Add subject tag, Quarantine, Deny, or Drop. (The POP3 proxy supports only the Allowand Add subject tag spamBlocker actions.)
- Type a sender, a recipient, or both. You can type the full email address or use wildcards.
Make sure you use the actual address of the sender. You can find this address in the “Mail-From” field in the email message header. This address might not match the address in the “From:” field that you see at the top of the email message. To get the actual address for an exception, get the full email message header (from Microsoft Outlook, with the message open, select View > Optionsand look in the Internet headers box). The addresses of the sender and recipient are in these lines:
Use care when you add wildcards to an exception. Spammers can spoof header information. The more specific the addresses in your exception list, the more difficult it is to spoof them.
There you go!