Do you need a user to have the ability to Unlock and Reset passwords from their Windows 7 PC? Do you have Windows Server?
Install Active Directory Administrative Center (ADAC) on Windows 7 PC. In this example, we’re using ADAC from Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 as our desktop PC.
NOTE: The following solution assumes that you are familiar with Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) and assumes that you have granted the user that will be using ADAC the proper permissions to unlock accounts and reset passwords.
- Download and install Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 from Microsoft’s website.
- Turn on the ADAC feature on the Windows 7 system
- Click start
- Select control panel
- Select Programs and Features
- Select Turn Windows Features on or off
- Select Active Directory Administrative Center and click ok
- Launch the ADAC by navigating to it or by typing dsac in the start menu search bar and pressing enter.
- Now you can type the user and new password in the proper area and reset the password and unlock the users account.
- If needed check the user must change password on next login.
- You can also search for a user if you need to using the Global Search option