You are moving from one Windows PC to another and want to bring your Microsoft Outlook 2010 AutoComplete entries with you.
Our example is for Windows 7. In Windows XP, the file will have a different location.
- For Windows 7 open the start menu and type in:
- The auto complete file starts with Stream_Autocomplete and ends in .dat:
- Pay careful attention to the dates these were last edited. The new profile will have the most recent date.
- Copy the full file name from the old autocomplete file and replace the new on with that name.
- When prompted, overwrite and you should be able to open Outlook with all of your autocomplete data.
NOTE: For Windows XP the Outlook 2010 .dat file is located in Documents and SettingsuserLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook.