Your Windows 2003 server no longer boots properly, perhaps due to a corrupted driver, HAL, etc.
You can try to repair the installation using the Windows 2003 installation media. This is an often overlooked method, but it often works.
- Hit a key when the boot menu says “Hit any key to boot from CD..”
- The Windows Setup will run for a bit trying to load drivers.
- You will see some options, including “To repair a..”. This is NOT the correct repair option.
- Hit ENTER.
- Hit F8 in the license screen.
- You will now see the list of Windows installations available, or none if this is a new install. There should be at least one option here since we are repairing the OS. Choose it and hit R for repair.