With virtually no recovery time and 100% recoverability assurance, Dell AppAssure is a leading product for your backup solutions. AppAssure allows the versatility of both physical and virtual environments as well as the constant security that your data will always be at hand.
Losing files is always a scary moment, although you may feel stressed and worried; restoring it can be as easy as copy, paste! The following will help you to relax soon again. Please keep in mind, the following instructions for restoring files is assuming that you have already implemented the software and AppAssure is being used for backup.
For this particular set of instructions, it is important to remember that we are only restoring a set of files and not an entire disk.
- Start by logging in to your AppAssure Console and click on the protected server which needs a file restored.
- You will then see the tabs Summary, Recovery Points and Events; for this procedure click on Recovery Points.
- You will now have a list of recovery points. Click on the recovery point which contains the most recent data you wish to restore to and expand the tree.
- Once you have located the specific file you which to restore, right click on it and select Explore. This will open a Windows Explorer window allowing you to see an image of the file.
- Locate the file you wish to restore in that window, right click on it and select Copy.
- Once you have copied the file from AppAssure, we will restore it back to the computer. To do this, open the location on your computer you wish to restore the data to. Right click within that folder and select Paste.
You have now successfully restored your files!