You are an Exchange user and would like to share a subfolder to another user. This is in contract to delegating access to your entire mailbox to another user.
For this example, we’re using Exchange 2013.
- Open your mailbox in Outlook or OWA.
- Right-click on the mailbox, not the Inbox, and click on Folder Permissions.
- Add the new user and set her to Reviewer.
- Click Ok.
- Repeat this process on the subfolder. Keep in mind that you may need to repeat this process for each subfolder if the folder is several levels deep. You can’t simply assign on permission at the destination folder–all parent folders must allow access as well.
On the other side, you can open the subfolder using OWA:
- Right click on your mailbox, not the Inbox.
- Click “Add shared folder”
- Enter the name of the user mailbox.
- The new mailbox will appear, including folders to which you have access.