You want to verify that Seagate Evault backups are in good working order.
This is done via the Evault web console.
- Once logged into your Evault console, select Computers.
- Once in computers, it will show the last status, if checked OK the most recent backup was performed with no problems.
- If you expand upon the computer, you can see the backup jobs. This shows again the Last Backup Status, when it was run, etc.
- You can verify further by viewing from backups. Under Select Action on the left, mouse over and select History/Logs.
- As you can see it shows the last backups in more detail. Time, Storage size, Retention, etc.
- As a final step, under Select Action, select Restore to confirm backup files are recoverable. once selected you will have a window that asks what data to restore.
Simply select the files/folders to restore, select a location (preferably alternate for a verification, don’t want to overwrite any files by mistake). The restore can take some time dependent upon your Internet Speeds, took about an hour to restore 1GB of data running on a business line getting 6Mbs down