Once you have setup rules for Office 365 in-place eDiscovery & Hold, you’ll want to occasionally review the emails as needed.
You need to Copy the saved results to a mailbox and then you can view the emails via Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- Log into Office 365 as an administrator (or somebody with Discovery rights).
- Click on Admin->Exchange
- Click on Compliance Management.
- Click on in-place eDiscovery & hold.
Okay, now you are almost ready to view the emails.
- Select the Search you want to use.
- Click on the Search Glass and then click Copy Search Results. This copies the results into a mailbox.
- Select your mailbox.
- Click Copy.
- After several minutes [or hours or years, depending on how Office 365 is performing that day], you will have the option in the right window to “[open]”. That will open the search results in OWA.